The type or namespace name 'LiveLabs' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft'

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Hi,

I just downloaded the Source DLL and created a console app. I added the reference To PauthorLib to my console app. But when I compile I get the following error :

The type or namespace name 'LiveLabs' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Not sure that is missing .....

Feb 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I just stared getting this error today. I’ve been successfully using the PAuthorLib libraries for many months. In fact, I’ve been using it all morning without any problems. Then, I performed a build and… wham, all the PAuthorLib references in my code went red. I’m not able to examine the PAuthorLib dll in ObjectExplorer or anything. VisualStudio just reports that the namespace “Microsoft” does not contain a namespace called “LiveLabs.” I’ve tried adding and removing the dll references many times, downloading a new copy of the library, rebooting, nothing seems to fix it. I did package the library using NuGet, if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Feb 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM

OK, my project was set to use the 4.0 Client Profile. I guess this must not be supported. When I change it to use the 4.0 version of the Framework it seems to compile fine. I guess this must be a requirement I didn’t know about.